THE COSTIN HORSESHOE | TECHNICAL DETAILS AND SPECIFICATIONS
SCROLL DOWN TO RECOMMENDED FARRIERS
Designer/Developer: Steve Costin
Origin: Queensland, Australia
Fitting Method: Nail shoe on or glue it on or both
Fitting Process: Easy to fit, watch our video.Step by instructions below.
Training: Instructional videos provided online, further training available by request
Sizing: Currently sizes 2 through 9 are available Depending on demand, smaller or larger sizes to suit smaller or larger horses may become available. Please enquire
Suitability: Suitable for all horse breeds and all equine activities
Surfaces: Suitable for soft (grass, sand) and hard surfaces, especially effective on rough terrain, uneven surfaces such as road, gravel, cobbles, rocks and slippery surfaces
Polyurethane shoe, designed to replace steel and aluminium shoes
Farriers: easy and faster fitting presents significant time-saving and labour cost saving benefits
Owners: cost-savings delivered through durability and competitive pricing savings
Breeders: safeguards and preventative measures against risk of injury to the horse through increased flexibility, unique design features and increased durability
Trainers: the lighter weight significantly increases performance
Riders: greater traction, less slipping, improves rider confidence, may reduce risks and improve overall performance
Horses: improved comfort, condition and wellbeing, especially in relation to shin soreness.
Whatever your horse or your activity, find out for yourself how Costin Horseshoes can assist your horses, boost yours and their performance, prevent risk of injury by placing your order online now.
All prices AUD ex GST, delivery additional.
FITTING THE COSTIN HORSESHOE
- Hoof cutters
- Pull Off
- Nail Pullers
- Shoeing hammer
- Buff hammer
- Shoeing knife
- Half round resecting nippers
- White marker pen
WATCH OUR VIDEO TO SEE STEVE ACTUALLY FIT THE COSTIN HORSESHOE AND GIVE YOU SOME GREAT TIPS
- Dress and trim the hoof as you would normally do for shoeing.
- Measure the hoof at the widest points.
- Select the shoe that is the same width. If the hoof is between sizes always select the bigger size shoe.
- The shoe has got five clips. The two rear clips (fitting clips) are fitting clips to hold the shoe in position while shoeing and are then cut off after shoeing. The other three clips are a toe clip and two quarter clips. The toe clip and two quarter clips can be cut off before shoeing, if required.
- Before fitting the shoe decide on whether you want to cut off the toe clip or the two quarter clips. It is easier to shoe if you don’t leave all the clips on the shoe. I recommend you cut off the toe clip and leave in place the two quarter clips but some farriers might prefer to leave the toe clip on and cut off the two quarter clips.
- To fit shoe: turn shoe upside down and place it on the hoof. Mark the hoof where the two quarter clips should be placed. Resect where the two quarter clips will be on the hoof so the clips fit flush with the wall of the hoof.
- Turn the shoe over and slide it onto the hoof until the clips fit into their resected holes. Pull the hoof out towards the front of the horse or place the hoof on the ground. Mark any excess shoe around the heals with a white marker pen.
- Take the shoe off and cut those parts off. After you have cut the shoe dress it up to remove any sharp ends.
- Now the shoe is ready to be fitted.
- Slide the shoe back on. Nail it on.
- Be sure to keep your nails up high rather than low.
- Shoe as a normal shoeing.
- When nailing up I like to use the six front nail holes.
0466 115 346
Area Serviced-within 25klms Beaudesert
0418 489 779
Area Serviced-within 40klms Jimboomba
0414 550 314
Area Serviced-Logan, Scenic Rim, Redlands, parts of Brisbane, down to Yatala & Gold Coast Hinterland
0432 225 828
Area Serviced-Ipswich to Gold Coast
0418 816 360
Area Serviced-Sunshine Coast & Hinterland
0473 484 544
Area Serviced-Everton Hills to Sunshine Coast
0408 980 679
Area Serviced-Canberra, Yass, Goulburn
0416 264 716
0418 240 407
Area Serviced-Albury, Wodonga
0473 484 544
0423 844 680
Area Serviced-Central Coast & Wisemans Ferry
0491 101 413
Area Serviced-NW Sydney, Wollondilly, Southern Highlands & Tablelands, Yass, Canberra & surrounds
0409 394 099
Area Serviced-Mt Gambier
0432 810 572
Area Serviced-Morphetville, Murray Bridge, Strath, Gawler
No contacts at this stage
No contacts at this stage
0405 981 595
Area Serviced-Warragul to Pakenham & Trarallgon/Yarram, Korumburra, Wonthaggi, Bass Coast & Mornington Pen.
0414 217 427
Area Serviced-Yarra Valley, Melbourne east suburbs
0418 100 756
Area Serviced-West Gippsland
0477 026 062
Area Serviced-Ballarat to Yarra Valley